In about a month from now, I will get to pick my husband up from the airport. I can’t tell you how ecstatic I am to see him and have him home with me, if only for two short days. He hasn’t been home since late May. I know it’s not that long in military terms, but still. As a married couple, I’d say we’ve spent two weeks out of three months together. Not cool. I’m ready to spend some quality time with him, as my hubby.
Last night I was thinking of things I like and dislike about having him gone.
Why I like when Brett is away:
- I can chew as loud as I want.
- If Britney Spears comes on the radio, I don’t have to turn it off.
- I don’t have to listen to his alarm go off over and over again in the morning.
- No one drools on my pillow.
- The whole bed is all mine.
- Buttered noodles can be my dinner every night.
- We get to Skype!
- I don’t feel guilty about hanging out with my friends.
- I don’t have to wear makeup or dress up. In fact, pajamas all day are nice.
Why I don’t like having Brett gone:
- It gets lonely every night.
- I miss having a best friend to talk to.
- No one cooks for me!
- If I have to go on a long car ride, I have to drive.
- I miss hugs.
- I miss kisses.
- There’s no one to cuddle with on the couch.
- I can’t bake because there’s no one to eat it.
- No one to wrestle with.
- I feel like I’m missing my other half.
- I worry constantly about where he is and if he’s okay.
Soon, he’ll be home. And things will be great, at least until he leaves again. And real shortly, school is starting. And honestly, I’m not so excited for that!